Taking care of your teeth is one very important thing you should always prioritize even during the holiday season when everyone is busy. With all the food and drinks available during the holidays, it can be sometimes tempting to skip your oral health routine. However, you should always remember that oral care is very important. So, to help you remember some important things about oral care, here are a few practical oral care tips found in a typical dental clinic in Dubai.
- When traveling, find a suitable travel container for your toothbrush and other dental products. Choose a container that is big enough to accommodate all your dental accessories and facilitate air circulation. Make sure that you toothbrush container is not too tight. It should contain holes for ventilation and drainage. It is also recommended to clean your toothbrush container before and after traveling.
- Always keep your toothbrush dry. Dentists from a dental clinic in Dubai say wet toothbrushes may become a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Once you get to your hotel room, take out your toothbrush and place it in a cup to allow it to dry.
- Choose portable dental products like collapsible toothbrushes and disposable dental floss. It is also a prudent idea to buy some extra dental care supplies which will come in handy if there are no available supplies near your travel destination. Always have it ready for your next trip.
- Always make sure your hands are clean before you touch your oral care products. Make sure to wash your hands properly before brushing or flossing your teeth. If the water in the area you are visiting is not fit for drinking, do not use it for oral care. Boil the water first or just opt to buy a bottled water in the nearest convenient store.
- In case you do not have much time to brush and floss your teeth, buy sugarless gums to help clean your mouth and keep your breath fresh. This is very smart option for travellers and those who do not have enough time to go to the washroom and brush the teeth.
These are some practical tips that you can use as your guide especially when traveling during the holidays. Know more about these tips from a dental clinic in Dubai.