Bite problems or crooked teeth are the common dental issues that both young and adult people experience. Having these affects their confidence in smiling. Because beautiful smiles should be for everybody, there are dental solutions to address overlapping or crowded teeth or bite problems. Braces, either the conventional metal type or the most modern invisible type are the most recommended solution to these problems.
The Best Type Of Braces
The first step in solving your dental problem is to visit your dentist. This way you can get recommendations for the best type of braces to use. Know that there are metal braces, ceramic braces, lingual braces, clear braces, and more options to choose from. Understanding the pros and cons of the each type will help you find the perfect brace to improve your dental health. Bad habits, tooth decay, accidents, early loss of baby teeth are some of the causes of dental problems. If these are not addressed properly, it could affect your chewing and speech. Create a youthful outward appearance, and get a boost of your smile confidence with the help of clear braces. Consult an orthodontist in Brisbane now.
Dental Aligners, Invisalign, or Clear Braces
This relatively new teeth-alignment technology addresses crossbites, overbites, underbites, crowding of teeth and spacing issues if done properly. The corrective techniques include having custom-made trays for the teeth. These trays apply pressure to get your teeth in shape and after a period of time wearing them, you will see improvement in the alignment of your teeth. Most people choose these braces over the traditional metal braces as they are invisible and more flexible.
Pros of Invisible Braces
You will have better outward appearance and people will not notice that you’re wearing braces except upon close inspection. Invisible braces can boost the confidence of the person wearing them.
- You can properly brush your teeth because these braces can be removed easily.
- You can eat whatever you want without worrying about the brackets being damaged or dislodged.
- You cheeks and gums are less likely to be irritated considering the materials use. Clear braces are made from plastic.
- You will require fewer visits to your dentist.
Cons of Invisible Braces
- Some type of invisible braces may not correct bite issues well compared to traditional braces.
- Clear braces may not be suitable for some patients.
- You must first have your teeth restored before the treatment.
- Progress can be slow if not installed properly.
The cons of invisible braces can be dealt with accordingly if you consult your dentist first before deciding which type of braces to use to correct your dental problems. In Australia, check for reliable orthodontist in Brisbane here.